To accomplish Great Things you must not only Act, but Dream, not only Plan, but Believe.
Sunday, May 1, 2016
Surprise Natural Pregnancy...Ended in Ectopic...
Earlier this past week I ended up in the clinic for what I was assuming at the time was a ruptured cyst. Instead I went downhill very very quickly and shortly after the PA came in to examine me I was being wheeled to the ER and after a CT and blood work I was rushed into emergency surgery. We had our Life IVF baby 10 months ago and out of six years of trying for a baby I've never had a natural pregnancy. My previous two chemical pregnancies and previous ectopic were from IVF cycles. I lost my left tube two years ago from the ectopic and this natural pregnancy decided to set up shop right next to the nub that was left on the outside of my uterus. I had no clue I was pregnant. I had just finished a period (since the pregnancy wasn't in my uterus) and was on cycle day 18. What I thought was a cyst rupturing was instead the pregnancy. I lost two liters of blood. Thankfully my doctor was able to stop the bleeding and she saved my uterus and my right tube is still intact. Our baby was 6weeks1day. I have a very long road to recovery ahead of me after losing almost half of my blood volume. But I'm thankful my daughter still has her mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Omg how scary. So glad they saved your uterus. Thinking of you!!
I'm so sorry, but also so happy you're okay. I've followed your blog for a long time. Here's to a safe and uneventful recovery!!
Post a Comment