I had my post op appointment last week. Everything is healing well. I asked the doctor if she saw any evidence of new endometriosis growing when she was in there. She said she did not see any new spots and also the scarring was minimal and she didn't see any obvious adhesions. It's been two years since my last surgery for endo and the doctor that did my surgery used the laser removal that is supposed to fully remove the spots, and obviously it worked! That was a nice bit of good news in all of this. Of course, there can always be micro endometriosis hanging around, but I'm happy there were no obvious implants.
I also spoke with my doctor out in California. He told me that out of the four years his clinic has been open I am only the second patient that has ended up with an ectopic. I looked up the CDC and clinic stats and estimated the clinic has probably done two to three thousand transfers. With only 2 patients having ectopics, that put my odds of it happening at 0.07%. Talk about really shitty odds. No wonder he didn't initially believe me when I first called to say my local clinic was suspicious of an ectopic.
I went in for a second opinion from my local ob/gyn that sees all my results come through when I'm cycling. I love that she has also gone through IVF so she gets my craziness. I had lots of questions and she helped answer them and put me at ease. I had her run a few tests that I haven't had checked in a while. I wanted my thyroid checked again since there's a family history. Everything came back in the normal range and I was negative for thyroid antibodies. It helps knowing we don't have that to worry about as well.
Of course my period started on the one month anniversary of losing our baby. It was almost as gross, heavy, and painful as the period/bleeding I had after the ectopic. It has only been 28 days since I had my period after surgery so I am thankful things seem to be trying to get back to normal quickly. Hopefully my next cycle starts on time, too.
Our tentative plan moving forward is to bank for one or two cycles and then attempt another transfer. I like taking a month off in between cycles to give my body a break and by doing that if we did two banking cycles it would be September before we transfer again. That just seems like a really long time from now. Depending on how our first banking cycle goes, we may just proceed with a transfer after that cycle. We're still debating our options. Dr. Y did say I could proceed with a banking cycle when my next period starts, so I could be back in CA later in May.
Knowing we made a chromosomally normal baby gives us hope that we are getting closer to a take home baby. Dr. Y said it was encouraging that we did get pregnant, even if it was in the wrong spot. I'm really hoping our next transfer is the one for us.
I'm excited, hopeful, and absolutely terrified.

No comments:
Post a Comment