Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Proof My Mother is F_ing Messed Up

So my siblings and I received the following group text message last night from my mother.

Yes, I said TEXT message...

Thought you should all know- your Dad had foot surgery a week ago, the doctor sent the piece of skin they cut out to the lab, it came back skin cancer, the doctor wants to take him back into surgery on Wednesday to cut out more. I'll keep you posted. His doctor said in his 26 years of practice he has never seen skin cancer like that on a foot.

She didn't even tell us he had surgery in the first place, so this was completely out of the blue. I read the text and went to tell my husband. I couldn't even speak. I just handed him the phone and he made the comment, why do you look like someone just died?

I of course immediately called my Dad to find out WTF is going on. He's so clueless and nonchalant about it all. I asked my Dad what kind of skin cancer. He said he didn't know. I listed the three basic types and his response was, yea, melanoma, that's what the doctor said. The surgery on Wednesday is to try and get clear edges and to see how extensive the cancer is. There is the possibility he could lose his toe. Knowing my Dad he's probably had this on the side of his toe for a very very long time. I can't even look at google right now.

1 comment:

Good Timing said...

Wow! Just wow.... Who just texts something like that?! Your mother apparently...