Second trimester I felt so darn good I figured I'd breeze through the third trimester as well. Not so much. Last week I had the glucose screening test. I failed the one hour by 2 points. Two freaking points. The next day I went back to do the fasting three hour test. My body was not happy about that. I started feeling very nauseous soon after drinking the twice as sweet juice. I had to stand and pace back and forth a little to keep from throwing up. The second blood draw did not go well. There are way too many bad phlebotomists at my clinic and it doesn't help when my veins are already beat up from years of infertility treatments. A good 15-20 minutes after the second blood draw I felt like I was getting light headed. I told my husband I wanted to go out to the car so I could at least lay back. Halfway down the hallway I had to sit down or I would have passed out. That got me a room to finally lie down in for the rest of the test. I also called my doctor's nurse and ask if I failed the first two blood draws if I could skip the last two or if I passed the first three if I could skip the last one. I passed the first three with flying colors and left as soon as the result came back. The kicker is I found out my doctor uses the lowest cutoff for the one hour test so if I had one of the other doctors I would have passed the one hour according to them. I spent the rest of the day napping and taking it easy. I really don't want to ever go through that again. I felt worse than when I had morning sickness.
Reflux is another battle I'm losing against. It's been going on for a good month or more now and it's really ramped up the past couple of weeks. I have vomit come up the back of my throat at least 3-4 times a day. Now that baby is getting bigger and stronger her kicks are really adding to the fun. The past couple of days I've also been feeling very queasy - to the point it's interfering with my day. I really don't like taking medication, but I may give in to my doctor's recommendation and try some prilosec.
Baby decided to mess with me on Saturday. She has a fairly consistent pattern of activity throughout the day and has maintained the same schedule for a good month. Her most active time has always been in the range of 5am-7am. Saturday morning she didn't move at all during that time. Once I noticed she hadn't been moving I started doing what I could to make her. I ate breakfast, drank some ice water and moved around, let the cat sit on my belly, and all I got from her were a few random and very soft bumps. Nothing like her normal activity. I finally called labor and delivery and they suggested I drink something with sugar and try laying down. Since we don't have juice or soda in the house my husband had to make a quick run. Sure enough, little stinker went to town after I downed some sprite. Guess we just have a little sugar addict growing in there!
The nursery is finally coming together. I feel rushed being only 10 weeks from baby's due date. I put off ordering furniture until about a month ago. My husband is almost finished painting her room and after we let it air out for a few days we'll start moving all her stuff in there.
It doesn't matter how big my belly gets, how much she moves around, or how many baby items take over our house, this still doesn't seem real to me!

No comments:
Post a Comment