Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

I'm An Infertile Cliche

Apparently you can get pregnant from having sex.

Apparently. 

We struggled with what to do for permanent birth control. Ultimately I talked my husband into we decided to let nature take its course over the next six months. If at the end of those six months I wasn't pregnant we were going to do a frozen embryo transfer. My reasoning was I didn't want to have surgery just to get my last tube removed. I figured if I ended up with another ectopic I would have my last tube removed along with it. So my plan was to buy a stockpile of cheap pregnancy tests and I would test every month regardless if my period showed up since my last ectopic was outside my uterus and I had a period 18 days prior to it rupturing. I was also going to start paying attention to our cat who seems to really like sleeping on top of me at night when I'm pregnant.

About five days ago I started having some very familiar mild cramping. I somewhat entertained the thought, but ultimately decided, no, I was crazy, because when does something like that ever happen?! Then four nights ago the cat started sleeping on me at night. Yesterday afternoon my stash of cheap pregnancy tests came in the mail. It was also what should have been the start of my period as my cycles are fairly consistently only 25 days since I have a short luteal phase. For some inexplicable reason I felt very happy to see those tests in the mail. I took one with to the bathroom. It's the wondfo brand and it's a very basic dip stick. I watched the urine soak up the little stick and the control line pop up. But no second line. I started cleaning up and when I looked back at the stick to throw it away...

holy shit...two lines...

I was pretty much in shock. My husband was downstairs and I called him (because I'm lazy like that) and asked him to come upstairs. He asked what for and I said to just get in here it's important. He came in the bathroom and asked what's up? I pointed at the test and said - you tell me!

I came to my senses shortly after and called my OB office. They put in for a beta and progesterone level. My beta was 71 at 12 days past ovulation. I go in for a repeat tomorrow and another one next Thursday. If my Hcg is high enough Thursday they will get me in right away for an ultrasound since I'm at such a high risk for a repeat ectopic. My progesterone was on the lower end at 18 and I'm starting suppositories since I have had issues in the past with low progesterone.

I'm probably crazy, but I just have a sense of calm and optimism about this little baby chillin in there. I'm usually very intuitive when bad things are about to happen and I haven't felt even the slightest twinge of worry. Of course no one will know for sure until we have confirmation. And for some reason I've already been referring to the baby as her. Perhaps our daughter will have a little sister come next April?!

So yea...

Apparently you CAN get pregnant from sex...





1 comment: