Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, March 20, 2017

Little Bumps in the Road

I can't believe I am within a few weeks of meeting this little one! This pregnancy flew by, and then the last month hit and it has slowed down considerably!

A couple of weeks ago we had a little scare and ended up on labor and delivery. Baby ended up being just fine. I woke up in the morning and noticed that baby wasn't moving. Didn't think a whole of it at first, but then when my daughter got up an hour later and baby didn't respond to her at all is when I started worrying. I then spent the next hour doing everything I could to get baby to move. Ice water, 7up, changing positions, rigorously rubbing my belly,  jumping up and down, even tried holding my electric toothbrush to my belly to see if the buzzing would get baby to respond. Finally pulled out my doppler and I couldn't hear a heartbeat or even movements. So yea. That's when I panicked. Called labor and delivery and they said to come straight to the hospital. Called my husband and he raced home within minutes to pick up me and our daughter. The second they put the heart monitor on my belly they had a strong heartbeat from baby. Little stinker must have just been really sound asleep. Five minutes after I had been on the monitors baby woke up and was not happy to have all that stuff strapped to my belly and spent the next hour trying to kick everything off. They also did an ultrasound and baby looked perfect. At least baby has behaved themselves since then. I would have stretches of little to no movement with my daughter but it never scared me like it did with this baby. Probably because this baby likes to move. A lot. And all the time. I would even say baby has gotten busier over the last week. I remind baby daily they are not allowed to ever scare me like that again!

My last OB appt my doctor brought up something I wasn't expecting. Apparently there is a little concern about my uterus since my last ectopic was attached to the outside of my uterus. This can potentially cause a weakened spot on your uterine wall that could potentially rupture during labor. The doctor that did my ectopic surgery did not have to cut into my uterine wall nor did she have to stitch it at all. But because I had so much blood in my belly it was impossible for her to have a completely clear look at my uterus. Since I have a different OB now I think she just wants to err on the side of being more careful. She said we could do a c-section to avoid any risk (Um, NO!!) or the alternative is she would just like me to do more of my laboring at the hospital. I am not really concerned about it being an issue. I mean, if there wasn't any obvious damage, I don't feel there is much risk. Especially when you consider all the women who do VBACs and the rupture rate with those is really low. But it is one more thing hanging out there. I had planned on doing more of my labor at home this time, but we'll see how it all goes.

I have another appointment tomorrow. These weekly visits are a little annoying. I'm refusing cervix checks this time around. After doing a lot of research I have decided it's something I can skip with absolutely no harm to baby and the bonus is I don't have to get undressed at my appointments or get a hand shoved up there. The doctor still wants me to do the weekly ultrasounds. After our scare a couple of weeks ago I'm willing to do one more, but then I think I'll be done with those too. There really isn't any evidence they change outcomes. I do feel we over monitor things these days. The more you look for something to be wrong, the more you are likely to find something.

Baby dropped  a week ago. I forget how uncomfortable that makes everything feel! Having a toddler crawling on me all day certainly doesn't help! Speaking of toddlers, my daughter must sense the changes coming soon. She has been so incredibly clingy lately. She refuses to let anyone other than me read her bedtime stories or put her to bed. She loves her daddy during the day, but screams like she is being murdered if he even tries to read bedtime stories with her. Hoping she becomes a little less attached to me after baby arrives, but I'm a little worried about how the transition will go for her. For now I'm just enjoying our extra snuggles and time together since her days as an only child are numbered.




No comments: