Baby has continued to measure exactly where they should at each of my last two appointments at 24 and 28 weeks. I failed my one hour glucose test. After how awful the three hour test went with my daughter I asked if there was an alternate option. Thankfully, there was!! I instead had to check my blood sugars four times a day for two weeks. All my sugar levels were good. I was so thankful for that option. It was so easy compared to doing the three hour test. I would even choose that over the one hour test!! The finger pokes were nothing. The only annoying part was waiting to eat again two hours after meals to check my blood sugar - sometimes I was hungry again before the time was up! But even when I checked it a little early so I could eat again, the levels were fine.
I'm carrying this baby the same as I did with my daughter and the heart rate has been the same for this baby as well. Weight wise I'm actually two pounds less than I was with my daughter at the same point in my pregnancy, so that's awesome! The only noticeable difference is this baby is more active than my daughter was. More kicks, and stronger kicks! My daughter loves the baby in mommy's tummy and gives baby so many kisses! She also likes to set her toys on my tummy and watch baby kick them! Should be interesting to see what she thinks once baby comes out!
My daughter has pretty much stopped nursing. It's been a little over a week since she last even tried. She still points to my boobs and says milk from time to time, but hasn't attempted nursing again. We'll have to see how she reacts when she sees baby nursing!
I have another OB appointment this week and then I'm supposed to go every two weeks until 36, then weekly with ultrasounds starting at 37 weeks. I've been trying to find information about the ultrasounds and so far it seems like in my case it's just unnecessary testing. I haven't yet found any studies showing there is a significant benefit to them. Even the mayo clinic website makes it seem like the ultrasounds are limited in how helpful they are. Since the only risk factor I'm even facing right now is being "old" I just don't see how it's going to benefit me. I don't have GD, my blood pressure is great - and something I even monitor at home from time to time. So who knows. I am looking at reducing some of the appointments I have scheduled and strongly considering skipping the ultrasounds altogether.
Otherwise all is well. I'm in nesting mode. I've got a good stock of freezer meals done already and would like to make another 10-15 before baby arrives. Getting excited to meet this little one!

No comments:
Post a Comment