In anticipation of my IVF cycle the end of February, I have been placed on stronger birth control pills than I’m used to.
My endometriosis hates this medication. Really really hates it.
So for the past few weeks, I feel like I am being punished: sore boobs, dizzy, lightheaded, nausea, insomnia and horrible endo pain to name a few.
And of course all of those delightful side affects make for a very crabby me.
My poor Husband. Bless his heart for putting up with me. He even brought home flowers last week when I was having a really bad day.
I know this is only for a short time, but come on. I’ve never had this hard of a time on birth control. I know this is a stronger one than what I usually take, but the side effects are getting a little ridiculous. The last pills I was on were very low dose and actually made my endo feel better, so the opposite effect of these pills is frustrating.
It makes me fearful for what is to come. If my body hates these little pills so much, what is going to happen when I start injecting stronger meds into my body?
Every month my endo gets worse. The amount of pain and the number of days I have pain has drastically increased the past few weeks. It’s not fun.
Thank goodness for prescription meds, but given a choice I would never take them. I hate having to take medication. I hate the feeling of being drugged. During the day I just push through the pain. I try to keep myself busy to take my mind off the pain.
But at night…….at night I sometimes can’t sleep without pain meds. I wake up in tears or even squealing in pain. The wrong move in my sleep sets my body into a fit of spasms and unrelenting pain.
And let’s not even start with the bladder issues. ‘Having to go’ five times in 15 minutes? Yep, been there, done that. My poor little bladder has not been the same since my surgery two years ago. I’m guessing there’s endo growing on it.
Well, I’m done complaining now. Whew. It feels good to vent sometimes.
I am moving forward with positives thoughts. Hoping my body will adjust and feel better this next couple of weeks. Hoping that the injections are not going to be any worse than how I feel now.
Hoping and praying this cycle works. For me. For my endo. For us to finally have our family.

2 comments:
So sorry you are in pain :(
Found your blog today, been reading up.
I have severe endo, my tubes are blocked, and we had no options but IVF. The good news? It does work - maybe not the first cycle, maybe not the second, but overall, it really generally does.
If you find yourself needing birth control pills again, ask for something without estrogen. I'm not even *allowed* bcp with estrogen anymore, my endo just can't handle it.
Good luck with your cycle. Hang in there!
Post a Comment