Tomorrow (technically today) we will be sitting down with Dr. RE to go over our plan for our IVF cycle this month. Normally, we would have the plan laid out by now, but since we got squeezed into this cycle at the last minute, we’re doing things a little bit out of order.
I can’t wait to finally know what’s going on. The past few weeks I’ve felt completely lost.
Not to mention I was already led astray once by the dumb office manager (that story’s a whole other post)
Ignorance may be bliss for some people; however I feel ignorance means I’m missing something.
I feel so much more relaxed when I know what’s going on.
Especially when dealing with something so very important.
Yes, I will fully admit that I am a Type A planner (and let’s throw in a little perfectionist attitude as well). I am one of those people that will think of many different possible outcomes and what my response will be so that when the time comes, I am most likely not taken off guard and can cope and move on with whatever the outcome.
This has actually served me quite well in life.
And yes, I know I can’t possibly plan for everything. (but I can and will try!)
And shockingly, I really do love a good surprise!
Although I know my Husband would love for me to sometimes be a little more laid back. He prefers to deal with things as they come and not stress about the future.
I need to keep that in mind when running through scenarios out loud. It may help calm my nerves, but listening to me run through the possibilities, just stresses my dear Husband out.
On another topic, I picked up my first batch of meds today. They called in the Lupron early since my pharmacy has been having supply issues.
Not to worry though, the drug I loathe is resting comfortably on my kitchen counter.
I asked previously over the phone why I was on the Lupron protocol as I really hate that drug, but I wasn’t given a very clear answer. They sort of glossed over it. Since being diagnosed with endo, I’ve spent a ridiculous amount of time doing research (remember type A...) and I also have a little bit of a medical background, so the intricacies of why I’m taking something are important to me. I will definitely have Dr. RE clarify tomorrow.
Feeling very anxious as we move forward, but hoping that once I know what’s going on, I’ll feel more at ease.
.......and I can start planning….!

2 comments:
You sound just like me! I have to plan every single detail to feel calm- type A all the way! Good luck with your meeting!
haha I am with Bridget...I am a plan-a-holic!!! Not being able to plan for, well anything in regards to IF makes this situation even harder! That is one thing I will walk away from this experience with, more patience and less of a grasp on everything AND a baby-we all will :)
Post a Comment