Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Friday, January 31, 2014

IVF #7 Baseline

I had to get up early today for my baseline monitoring. I was in and out and stopped at the store and still made it back home in just over an hour. I don't yet have the final on my ultrasound, but that doesn't really matter too much. It looked like there was an 8mm follicle on each ovary and one around maybe 6mm on the left. There were several smaller the tech didn't measure. The tech today didn't enter on the screen how many antrals, so I'm not sure on that. And let's be honest, after so many IVF cycles, I just don't freaking care. My progesterone level was the highest it's been at baseline at 1.49. But since my cycle just started last evening and it was less than 12 hours later that I had my blood draw I'm hoping it's just a little elevated because it's still coming down from my luteal phase. My FSH on the other hand looked pretty fantastic. It was 9.6 with an E2 of 40.

My clinic has a newer, somewhat annoying, policy in regards to medication orders. Now at the beginning of the cycle they would like you to order all the meds you may end up needing during a cycle. I get where they're coming from. They do a lot of out of state business and the doctor doesn't even start looking at the monitoring results until late afternoon/early evening so you really need to have your meds ready. When you call to get your baseline order for u/s and lab and you tell them what kind of cycle you want to do, they then email a list of meds you may need. Two of the meds on the list given to me I refused. One was hcg. My body has always done a good job of triggering with lupron so I don't need or want to waste money on the hcg. They also listed PIO. Again I refused that med because it's only needed if your progesterone is low on the day of transfer, otherwise you just use the oral and suppositories. And even those I am waiting to just buy at the clinic if/when I make it out there for a transfer. The only med I ordered this time was the Lupron since my vial from before is expired. There's still some left, but I don't want to risk it.

I'm guessing my next orders will be to monitor next week on CD 9. I have a feeling based on what I saw on the ultrasound I will be ready to trigger that night. But that is only if my progesterone is in an acceptable range, otherwise we will cancel the cycle. Now it will just be a week of waiting. No meds for me to take as this is a natural cycle IVF. Yay!


1 comment:

Good Timing said...

Wishing you luck! This mini IVF sounds like way to go!