Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I Should Have Known

Today I had a dentist appointment. No big deal, just a routine cleaning.

My appointment was originally in March - the same day we had our third beta. I called the dentist's office when I got my result that morning and canceled my afternoon appointment. I was pregnant and there was no way I was taking any chances. I had the appointment rescheduled for today.

My dentist and hygienist know we've been doing IVF treatments. It tends to come up when I decline x-rays during a treatment cycle or my gums are more sensitive when I'm on stimulation meds. I thought it would come up but I just wasn't prepared for the tears that sprang in my eyes when my hygienist came in the room and had a big grin on her face and said, "so, I see you canceled your March appointment because you were pregnant...". Yea, the look on the poor girl's face when I told her we lost the pregnancy was awful. I think I ended up consoling her more than she consoled me. She is incredibly sweet and thoughtful and told me she would pray really hard for good news at my next appointment.

I'll take all the help and well wishes I can get.

No comments: