You know how some people stop keeping track of their birthdays? I'm thinking I should stop keeping track of my cycles...it's depressing.
Well, looks like I have a little cyst hanging around. Dealing with cysts is something new for me. There was a larger one last cycle that I canceled, but I didn't think much of it since we didn't go ahead with the cycle. Baseline showed a 14mm cyst which I've come to learn is relatively small. FSH was 17.2 and E2 was <20. My AFC was at its lowest ever at 8, but since we're not going for large quantities of eggs I'm willing to move forward with the cycle. After some internet digging it seems to be common to have fewer antral follicles on a cycle when you have a cyst. I know it fluctuates, so I'm not too worried at this point.
Orders are to take half a tab of clomid daily and I'll do two booster shots of gonal F on CD 6 and 8. I monitor again on CD 9.
We need to decide soon on which cycle package to go with. Prior to having my last cycle canceled and now dealing with a cyst, we were leaning towards the two cycle package, but now I'm wondering if we shouldn't go with the three cycle. If I could choose how things worked I would get at least 2-3 high quality blasts this cycle, and then transfer after taking a month off. But as a back-up, if this cycle doesn't end with good blasts, then we would bank again before transferring, which is why I was leaning towards the two cycle package. But now that this cycle is looking a little iffy, I wonder if we shouldn't go with the three cycle package just in case. I just don't know what to do and my husband is of no help whatsoever. He's given me the "whatever you think is best" meaning he hasn't put much thought into it and he doesn't want to get blamed if the outcome isn't what we hoped for. He is a great support, but sometimes, I just wish he had more of an opinion.

1 comment:
Wishing you loads of
Luck!
Post a Comment