Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Never-Ending Cold

We are officially halfway through this pregnancy! 

Although, my joy has been squashed by a nasty cold virus. I'm on day 15 of feeling like crap. It started with a sore throat and turned into a yucky cold with all the congestion, drainage, and coughing. I did my best to use approved cold meds as little as possible. About 10 days after the start of my cold I was finally feeling a little better. For about two days. Then I started coughing and wheezing - likely bronchitis. Then today I started having full body aches, fatigue, and running a low grade fever in the upper 99s. I started crying in the shower today because I don't remember the last time I felt so miserable. I would take morning sickness over this. I'm having a hard time coping with the physical pain. I have a significant Tylenol allergy (of all things!) so I don't have anything available for the pain. During my sore throat and cold I would take warm showers, but now with the low fever I can't really do that. I was desperate earlier today and used my heating pad on my neck on the lowest setting for a few minutes. Everything hurts. Even the cold toilet seat hurts so I've just been hovering or covering it with toilet paper. Thankfully baby girl seems to be doing well. She is still kicking and flipping around in there as much as normal. I suppose one positive is she's getting the antibodies from this cold. I called my OB yesterday and was told to watch for a fever closer to 101 and chills. I just really hope I turn a corner soon. Colds suck. 




2 comments:

Gurlee said...

Feel better, colds do suck! I am on day 8 of one that keeps morphing, I hate it. I hope you feel better soon.
And halfway, wow!

Good Timing said...

Being sick and pregnant is the worst! :( feel better soon!