Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Friday, February 6, 2015

Cold - Day 21 and Counting...

I am so over this darn cold.

Last weekend I finally felt a little better on Sunday. Even went to the neighbors to watch some of the Super Bowl. I got home and was tired so I started getting ready for bed. About 10pm I started having chills. I took my temp and it was under 98. I took a quick warm shower and put some warm jammies on and crawled into bed. It went downhill from there. And quickly. Body aches returned and the chills turned into uncontrollable shivering. I was having Braxton hicks whenever I had a coughing fit and on top of the body aches the pain was getting unbearable. About 1am I took my temp again and it had spiked to over 102. I of course freaked out and called my husband who was working the night shift at the hospital. He went down to the ER and asked the ER doc's opinion. The consensus was I should really come in with a temp that high and not being able to take Tylenol. My husband was having a busy night so it was over an hour before he was able to come pick me up. While I was waiting I did everything I could to lower my temp - I stripped naked and drank ice water and used cold compresses. By the time I finally got to the ER my temp had dropped two degrees so thankfully it didn't stay high for very long. The first thing they checked was baby's heartbeat and it was 163, so despite my misery, she was doing well. They checked for a bladder infection which I thankfully didn't have, but it did show I was a little dehydrated so they gave me two liters of fluid. After the first bag of fluids I started throwing up. Baby must have had enough at that point because she was kicking pretty good - certainly didn't help with the vomiting! So they gave me zofran too and after all of that I started to feel a little better. I asked if there was anything I could take for pain and there wasn't. At least the fluids helped a bit. The ER doc also put me on antibiotics. Since my cold had gotten better and then worse it was highly possible I had picked up a bacteria infection along the way. Finally got home a bit after 7am and spent most of the day sleeping. I took my last dose of antibiotics today and I am finally feeling better. I'm still coughing, but not nearly as hard and much less frequent. Still a bit tired, but I suppose that's to be expected.



No comments: