We had another ultrasound this week and my first "official" OB visit.
Baby was a little rockstar! Measured one day ahead with a heart rate of 178! Lots of wiggling around in there and waving their little legs!
We have decided we are not going to find out with this one. Speaking with friends who have not found out they all said just how awesome it was to find out the moment baby was born, so we're going to go with that this time! I'm thinking boy because I've had one dream already it was a boy and this pregnancy feels so completely different from my daughter. But who knows, we'll just have to wait and see!
I'm thinking baby will share a room with big sister. Baby will spend most of the first year in with us and we plan on moving before our daughter starts kindergarten so they wouldn't actually spend too much time sharing. My daughter's room is huge so it should be very easy to fit two kids in there. We have another room on the main floor we could use for baby, but it's our home office right now and with as much as we use our home office I really don't want to move it downstairs. Especially with my husband having to do a lot of work from home on the computer - it's so much more convenient to have him on the main floor where we spend most of our day. We need to finish two bedrooms in the basement and once that's done we are setting up a playroom downstairs so maybe we will eventually move the office down there. I'm not going to stress about it right now. It is kinda funny how much I wanted everything in order for my daughter and this baby, I'm just like, meh - it can wait - all we really need is the bassinet set up and some diapers - amazing how quickly your attitude changes from one to two!
I've now graduated to a more typical pregnancy monitoring schedule. We will do the early prenatal blood test again with this baby - only without knowing the gender!
Still in complete shock we're even on this journey right now - but so incredibly blessed!

No comments:
Post a Comment