I was 11 weeks on Thursday. I still can't believe I'm on this journey! My belly has popped already. A few days ago I dug out my maternity clothes and helloooo stretchy panel pants! Forgot how comfy those are! About four days ago I felt movement for the first time. I was laying in bed and had rolled over to snuggle up to my husband when I felt baby flipping around in there. It was a very soft fluid movement - kind of makes me think of a goldfish swimming in there and bumping against the sides. I've had a few more pronounced movements since then. Yesterday early morning my daughter was sleeping in bed with me and her leg was laying across my lower belly. I felt baby kick her twice! That will be fun when I'm further along and she can really feel baby move in there!
I did the early prenatal blood test. I'm considered a high risk pregnancy again and I'm also now considered a geriatric pregnancy at the ripe old age of 35. So I guess that also automatically covers the genetic screening. I came so close to checking the gender box, but then decided to keep with my original plan of not finding out with this baby. Only 29 more weeks until we know!
I've also been battling a bad cold/bronchitis for a full month now. It's similar to when I was sick during my pregnancy with my daughter. Only that time landed me in the ER with a 102+ fever. I finally started antibiotics two days ago and so far no noticeable change. I really hope it gets better soon because I'm at my breaking point. Pregnancy + nursing + being sick = one really miserable mommy.
We've been trying to night wean our daughter. Three weeks in and it's not going well. I'm getting so frustrated. The first night she was up every hour. The next few nights she was sleeping 4-5 hour stretches. After a little over a week she went back to waking up every 1 1/2-2 hours and it progressed to her becoming very angry in the middle of the night. So the past couple of nights I've been letting her nurse at 2am. It seems to be helping somewhat. Maybe she's just not ready to be completely night weaned yet. We have less than 7 months to get this figured out before baby comes.

No comments:
Post a Comment