Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, October 20, 2016

16 Weeks

We received the results of the genetic blood test and we're having another healthy baby! My husband was a little disappointed they didn't accidentally include the gender - but I'm more excited than ever to wait now! I finally got over that miserable cold after 7 long weeks. I'm feeling really good with this pregnancy. Still the occasionally icky feeling in the morning for an hour or so, but it's completely tolerable.

My last my OB appointment I found out a few more things about what having a geriatric pregnancy means for me. Apparently my doctor will not let me go past 40 weeks since there's a small increased risk of stillbirth past that time. Which my husband was excited to hear as he's not wanting to share his birthday with baby and now with the 40 week deadline set, that isn't going to happen...unless...I get induced and it takes a few days...which after 42 hours of labor with my daughter...it could potentially happen... I will also start getting weekly ultrasounds at 36 weeks. My doctor did say I'm just on the early side of being geriatric so she's really not too concerned with me.

This baby is a mover! I have been feeling this one so much more than I did with my daughter at this point and some of the kicks are pretty strong already. Last night my husband was laying in bed with his arm on top of the covers and stretched across my belly and he was actually able to feel the baby kick through the down comforter! Hopefully it won't be too much longer before the kicks are obvious enough for our daughter to understand what they are.

Night weaning has finally taken hold. Nursing the rest of the time has significantly dropped off as well. Now it just seems she wants to "nurse" and by "nurse" I mean squish her face into my boob. She mostly does this at nap and night time. She still will occasionally nurse some, but it's like my boobs are her security blanket. I've ordered a couple different styles of blankies to see if she will take to one of those now that she's almost done nursing.

The biggest news in the last week, my daughter finally slept through the night!! It only took 16 months! She slept a nine hour stretch, followed by two rough nights that I think were teething related, and last night was a seven hour stretch. Progress is finally being made!

Next up is the anatomy ultrasound in four weeks!


No comments: