Ooops. I didn’t realize it had been quite so long since my last post.
We’ve had some big changes happening in our lives the last week.
I’ve been busy working and my Husband received news that we will be moving this summer.
It happened so quickly. He found out about the position on Monday, phone interview on Wednesday, and accepted it on Thursday.
We move in three months……Yikes!
We’re excited as it’s an excellent opportunity for him. But with all moves to a new state there is so much to think about and plan for. I’ve spent what little free time I’ve had lately looking up information on our new city . We have to find housing, I have to find a job, and I had to check out what kind of shopping they have!
And of course being the Type A girl I am, I’m ready to start packing!
Yea….Hubby put the kibosh on that…..for now!
I’m happy that we have Hubby’s job sorted out. Now I feel I can proceed with this IVF cycle with a clear head.
The cycle is going well so far. Not much to report. I started BCP a week or so ago. I haven’t had nearly the side effects as I did from the first time I was on these pills. My endo is still pretty ticked off from the IVF meds and I hope it gets over that soon. I mostly just get frequent little reminders of shooting pain, but it is very tolerable and I haven‘t even bothered with pain meds in well over a week. Now if only I could get rid of this horrible acne that just doesn’t seem to want to go away.....
Three and half weeks from now I’ll be starting stims again. I haven’t received my meds yet. Not too worried as last time I got them two weeks before. I’m just a little concerned about the Ganirelix as Dr. RE said our local pharmacy has been out lately due to a national shortage……..ummmm….so let’s maybe start looking around to order it from elsewhere?! Oh well, I’m not going to stress over it. It’ll be their fault, not mine.
I’m feeling pretty calm going into this second cycle. I think it may have to do with the fact that I exhausted researching the first few weeks after my failed cycle and now I’m just done with looking things up. I can’t change anything and nothing more I find is going to change anything about this next cycle. I’ve resigned myself to just go with the flow. Of course I’m terrified this cycle won’t work either, but I really try to keep those thoughts pushed to the back of my mind. I also think it helps to have our upcoming move as a distraction.
Honestly…..I’m tired of stressing about IVF. As far as I’m concerned for the next few weeks, I’m just a normal girl on BCP.

9 comments:
sounds like you are excited about the move! yay! is it in the same state or are you really moving pretty far?! best of luck on your next cycle!
Where will you be moving? Good luck this cycle- I hope it's the one for you!!
Im starting my second cycle soon. and going on bcp's too. wasnt on these with my previous cycle. How long are you on these for? can you let me know on my page
Good luck with the move! How exciting!
I found you on cycle sisters and just wanted to say hi :) I have stage four endo and we did three IUI's before our first IVF, which led to our sweet son Henry! We are now back again for baby #2. FET #1 was a negative last month so we are now rolling into our last chance FET. I start lupron in two weeks and we transfer in June!
Good luck with your IVF! I hope it brings you a sweet baby in your new home!
Wow wow wow! Congratulations! I'm sure it'll be nice to have one less thing to stress about this cycle (the job), though an upcoming move adds all its own stressors!
Wow, that's some big news! Congratulations, and I hope the planning goes smoothly.
Best of luck as you start this cycle!
that sounds like a fun new adventure.Let us know where? Hopefully you have less pain...my friend with endo had surgery it sounds horrible to go through...
Hi-
I came across your blog through one of the other blogs I follow regularly. I am 40, have stage 4 endo and a Fsh of 23. I was also given a likelyhood of success rate around 2% by an RE. I did 3 rounds of traditional ivf and never made many eggs. I tried mini ivf at new hope clinic in nyc and it worked! I gave birth to my son this past feb. You should check them out, the cost of mini-ivf is a lot less too.
Hi... here from Cyclesistas :)) Great that you're DH got a job that's a wonderful opportunity for him and that you feel you're starting your cycle with a clear head... IVF is hard enough without other things on your mind. FXd for you over this cycle and looking forward to sharing it with you xoxo
Post a Comment