Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Moving Decisions

Once again, I see it’s been a good week or more since my last post. We’ve just had way too much going on for me to have time for much else.

Here’s my current cycle information, the rest of this post is about family, moving, etc so those not interested can just skip it.

I still have about two weeks left of my five weeks of BCP. Side effects have been thankfully very minimal this time. I start stims the very end of April. No Lupron this time which means a lot fewer injections, yay! I still haven’t picked up my meds from the pharmacy. I can imagine the bill is going to be much worse this time since I’ll be on higher doses. I’ll update more about this cyle over the next week, hopefully, if I have time.

A little sad news to share. Last week my sweet 90 year old grandpa suffered a severe heart attack. He ended up in the cath lab twice for stents and he’s still in the hospital due to low blood pressure. He may be 90, but he acts like he’s 50. If they can get his BP under control, he should be able to go home soon. I would love to visit him right now, but my Husband gave me his cold and I really don’t want to risk giving that to my Grandpa.

We had our weekend getaway this last weekend. Only it ended up being more like a week getaway. My Husband bought tickets for some sporting events. We also spent a little time shopping, but didn’t buy much since we’ll be moving soon.

We’re moving only about six hours away from our current home, but it’s far enough to put us in another state. For the sake of maintaining some level of privacy I will just say we’ll still be in the upper Midwest.

Our long weekend turned to a longer visit as the place we traveled for sporting events was only two hours away from our new home. So, we decided to travel there so my Husband could meet some of his new coworkers, sign his contract, and look for housing.

Looking for housing was not so fun. Turns out we are very spoiled with the housing options we have in our current city. There are new buildings going up all the time and the prices are very reasonable. Our new city is an older, established community with very little new construction going on.

Our housing options are either, pay similar to what we do now and live in something built in the 70s or earlier and has not been recently updated or live in the newer buildings and pay almost 50% more than what we do now. The other option we explored was possibly buying a home, but the ones available in our price range were not something we could see ourselves living in. For now we continue to search online and may need to fit in another trip to find a place to live.

We did get a good feel for the area, and aside from the housing issue, we can really see ourselves living there. They have many of the same restaurants and retail stores we’re used to and there is so much to do in the community. And the weather is a little bit warmer on average than where we live now.

Thanks again for all the sweet comments. I wish I had more time to comment on others, but I don’t seem to have much time for anything lately. I did spend several hours on google reader yesterday trying to get up to speed on everyone. It’s amazing how quickly the posts stack up when you’ve been gone for a week!





 

4 comments:

Bridget said...

so sorry to hear about your grandpa, I hope he recovers quickly! I'm glad you got to visit the new area you'll be living in- how exciting!!

marilyn said...

yay for less shots!! I hope your grandpa gets better!! My grandma lived late in her years too! What great stories I remember hearing from her.

Gurlee said...

I hope you spry grandfather is up and about soon! As someone who just made a big move, it is exciting and difficult at once, fortunately you have hubs by your side, good luck!

Jenni said...

It'll be nice for you to do fewer shots this time. And good luck. I don't know what to say about your moving options... I just hope that you can find something that you like or can live with at least.