Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Sunday, August 18, 2013

CD 1...Let IVF # 4 Begin!



Finally, my uterus cooperated for once. I was worried about whether or not this cycle would work for us since we have family coming this week. If my cycle had been its usual length (25 days) we would not be doing this cycle. But my body decided to have a NORMAL (I rarely get to use that word…) 28 day cycle, so we will be proceeding. Yay! Let’s get this done and over with.

I spoke with my clinic yesterday. I have my baseline appointment on Monday, should start meds on Tuesday. I am doing another mini-IVF banking cycle. I would anticipate the same protocol – clomid plus a few booster shots. I’ll be in California the following week. We’re still debating what days to book my flights. My second monitoring appointment should be cycle day 9, so I think I will do it locally as well and fly out the next day. Five days of lounging by the pool and on the beach are in my very near future. Maybe I’ll regain some of the color I lost after my last trip out there.

We’re still working on insurance. The business lady at the clinic pushed through the prior authorization so hopefully we will hear on that early this week. I hope to hear before I fly out. Either way, we’ll be proceeding. If insurance doesn’t work out, then we’ll just go ahead with paying for the rest of the three cycle package. We don’t want to put things off. I want to get all of my banking cycles done before I turn 33 in four months. Dr. Y thinks it’s fine to do back to back cycles, but I really feel it’s important to give my body a break. I did have an increase in endo pain for the cycle after my last banking cycle, so for me, I think it makes sense to take a little break. And we have a wedding to attend during my next cycle anyways.

I have some anxiety, but it’s not nearly as bad as last cycle. I think it helps knowing what to expect this time. I know I can fly out there by myself. I know I can navigate the area and not get lost (thank you gps!) I know that time will fly quickly. I know my body is still capable of producing eggs. I know I can get through retrieval without anesthesia by myself. I can do this.



No comments: