Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Fertilization Report

I'm impressed. The clinic emailed my fertilization report before I even finished flying home today. 3/4 eggs were mature and fertilized! The fourth one was immature. The embryologist will culture him for another day. If he matures by tomorrow she'll ICSI him, too. Next report is on Monday.

I didn't cry this time when I left for the airport this morning. Last time the tears were streaming down my face as I got in the car to leave. I felt so guilty for leaving our 'babies' in California all alone. You invest so much of yourself in this process. And I have always allowed myself to get attached. My reasoning is if that's all I ever get to experience being a mom, I'm going to make the most of it. When I arrived on Tuesday one of the first things I did was drive by the clinic and say, Hi babies, Mommy's back! It felt good to be in the same zip code with them again. I'm sure the embryologist laughs at me. Last retrieval when I got the final blast report I jokingly asked her if she would read them a bedtime story and give them a blanket for the freezer. Yea, totally attached. I can only imagine what I'll be like if I'm ever so lucky as to have my own baby in my arms.

No comments: