Wow. I can’t believe this day is here.
I had my baseline ultrasound today and blood work drawn. Uterus was empty (sorry, no surprise miracle baby in there), ovaries were quiet and lab came back at a normal level.
Tonight I reduced my Lupron dose by half and started my stimulation meds.
The original plan was for 150 each of Bravelle and Menopur, but after my lab level Dr. RE decided to up the Bravelle to 225.
That made me a tad bit concerned as they have told me I may be slightly more sensitive to hyperstimming and would start off with low doses.
I made the mistake awhile back on looking up OHSS and the stories have completely freaked me out. Add to the fact I have always responded very easily to low doses on my medicated cycles, and yea, I’m a little nervous. And yes, I know the risk is like 1%. But I still freak out.
* This is one of those times when being a type A planner bites you in the butt.
Of course my Husband reassured me Dr. RE wouldn’t change things unless it was safe to do so.
So tonight I found myself mixing up five vials of powder. It seemed so easy when the nurse showed me at the clinic, but by the time I had all the stuff laid out, I was a little nervous.
I really underestimated the suction power of those little vials. I may have even lost a drop or two in the process. Ooops.
I was shaking by the time I finally went to give myself the shot and ended up drawing a tiny drop of blood for the first time. Just to note, the stimming meds burned a little more than the Lupron, but nothing too bad. (I do numb the area a bit first with something cold from the fridge)
I’ll be so happy to have my Husband home tomorrow so he can deal with all this mixing and injecting. He has a much steadier hand than me.
His first two shots weren’t the greatest, but he’s getting better at it. He had a hard time with letting me direct him in how I wanted him to do it (why yes, I am type A, why do you ask?!). I did the first five shots of Lupron myself since he was on night call so I consider my method to be superior, especially when up until today I have not drawn blood or caused bruising. I understand he wants a part in all this, so I do what I can to accommodate him.
My meditations have failed me the last couple of nights. They do an incredible job of getting my body to relax, however my mind just won’t stop, even after doing two or three of the meditations. I know the Lupron (and BCP) is to blame as I had the same issue when I was on Lupron for my endo.
I really hate Lupron.
After only getting 2 and ½ hours of sleep last night I finally had enough. During my appointment today I stared at Dr. RE through glossy and bloodshot eyes and begged asked for a script for prescription sleep meds.
Mr. Ambien will be joining me for a hot date tonight. I am so looking forward to a good 8 hours of sleep – hopefully more!
A few people asked which meditations I use and in case you missed my reply in the comments I downloaded the IVF meditations directly from the circle and bloom website and then put them on my ipod.
Tip of the Day: I recommend looking at the website retailmenot to search for a coupon code. I got 20% off doing that. I never buy anything online without first looking for a coupon code. : )
Next week starts with lab work and acupuncture on Monday and then u/s and more lab work as the week progresses, depending on what they find.
I am looking forward to the next few weeks with nervous excitement.
Let’s start growing a baby!

5 comments:
Good luck with everything! I know how overwhelming the first round of mixing can be!
good luck. it will all seem a piece of cake after a few shots.
Found you from Cyclesista. Good luck!!
Also, if your doctor thinks you're high risk for OHSS, they'll monitor you pretty closely. They might trigger you with a half-dose or do something else. My RE put me on Dostinex, which helps to prevent it, and had me drinking a ton of Gatorade/other salty fluids and getting lots of protein.
this is really good info. I am sorry you are suffering:( Does the lupron make you not sleep?
Good luck! Here's hoping this is it for you! :)
Post a Comment