One egg out of the two has fertilized. The one that didn't make it was immature. They tried to culture that one, but it stopped growing. I was expecting that since it came from a 12mm follicle.
I started progesterone support last night. I take an oral progesterone every evening at bedtime. I will also take 2 vaginal prometrium suppositories a day starting tomorrow. I had to take one suppository this morning. The following description is going to be TMI. And it will forever ruin your view of candles on a birthday cake, so consider yourself warned. I woke up early this morning and inserted the suppository. It's a pharmacy compound and needs to be kept refrigerated. It has a white waxy outer coating in the shape of a little torpedo. Inside is the progesterone. I laid in bed for a good hour after placing it. I used the bathroom once I got up. The waxy coating had somewhat liquified and drops were floating in the water. It reminded me exactly of wax candles dripping onto a birthday cake. Disgusting, I know. Other than that I haven't had any other side effects. Keeping my fingers crossed I don't turn into a raging b---- from all this progesterone.
Transfer is scheduled for Monday afternoon. I will be getting my progesterone level checked earlier that morning. If it's way too low then the transfer will be canceled. If it's just a little low I will be put on those nasty PIO shots. Fingers crossed the oral and suppositories do the trick!
I'm continuing to soak up the amazing weather here. Low 80's and sunshine the whole time we're here!

No comments:
Post a Comment