Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, October 14, 2013

That's It?

This natural cycle IVF is going beautifully!

Thursday I had my saline infused sonogram (SIS) in preparation of our transfer this cycle.

I remember when I had an HSG and how painful that was. I also know how painful my retrievals have been without anesthesia or any pain meds. So, I was expecting a decent amount of pain.

The most "painful" part was the doctor inserting the speculum. This was by far one of the easiest and least painful exams I have had in this journey. Apparently all they do is put a little cap on your cervix and push the saline through. I had the smallest of cramps and then it was over. The doctor said he was done and I said, "that's it?" I was shocked at how easy it was.

The inside of my uterus looked beautiful. Clear of any issues and ready for a baby!

Today was CD 10 which included labs and ultrasound.

I have one gorgeous follicle on the right that was 17.5 and should be prime size for trigger tonight. I have another one at 11 on the right and a few 7s on the left. I'm only expecting one mature egg this cycle, but I'm sure Dr. Y will aspirate all he can find, just in case.

My lining was 7.6! Which is absolutely amazing for my body! Last IVF cycle at retrieval my lining was only 5.6. It looked nice and fluffy today. My acupuncturist has been trying some different things to boost my lining and it's paid off! I go again today as my lining still needs to get a little bit thicker, but I have faith it will happen.

We leave for California tomorrow morning. Based just on my follicle size today I really expect to trigger tonight and retrieval should be Wednesday morning. We'll enjoy the sunshine for a week and transfer should be next Monday! Yikes! 

I'm feeling very hopeful for the first time in years. I keep visualizing this cycle working. I know there are a million more things that need to go right, but I just have a good vibe this time. I also know that if  things don't work, we'll be okay, and we still have plenty of blasts on ice.

No comments: