And it's over before it barely got started. Frustrating.
I had my baseline appointment today. E2 was 151 Fsh was 4.7. The biggest problem was two lead follicles, one on each ovary - a 14 and 16. The third biggest follicle was only 6, so no chance of it or any of the smaller ones catching up. I called my clinic in California and had them cancel the cycle before the doctor even reviewed my test results. I asked to be put on the callback list tonight. I just can't foresee pushing forward on a cycle that will likely yield only 2 follicles. My last two mini cycles I had 9 and 5 follicles in the running. This cycle would be just fine for a natural cycle, but it's not what we're going for.
I wondered about this cycle. The last week I felt as though my hormones were way off. I was so ridiculously crabby - like being on lupron for endo crabby. And my basal temps were half a degree lower than normal. And I had an awful period - painful and tons of large clots. I did some castor oil packs this last month and while they're supposed to be cleansing, I wonder if it somehow played a role. Or maybe my hormones are still resetting from my miscarriage. Either way, my gut instinct is telling me to cancel, so I'm going to listen.
So I'm benched until next month. If my cycles continue their 26 day consistency my CD 2 monitoring will fall on July 4...guessing the clinic is closed so I will likely have to go through the walk-in clinic. I had to do it back in November, and while it worked out, it wasn't ideal. I had a huge go-around with the lab tech on releasing the results to me even though it is on the order for me to call the lab.
I just want to move forward already. It's been over a year since we started treatments again and it doesn't feel like we're any closer to having a baby. I know it's best to wait for optimal hormone conditions, but it still sucks waiting. I've been very careful with my diet since at least September and while I don't mind it, sometimes I just really want a little bit of junk food. Or dessert. Or a beer. It's funny how last spring/summer when I was drinking beer several times a week and indulging in the occasional dessert or junk food my hormones were in much better shape...maybe that's the key!

1 comment:
So sorry, how frustrating.
Post a Comment