After three days of stims my E2 was only 25. WTF?!!!
It didn't even double from my baseline appointment and it's much worse than last cycle.
I haven' t been canceled. Yet.
Only problem being there's not a whole lot more to do. I was already on 450 ius and now I'm getting bumped up to 600 ius. After our last cylce Dr. RE agreed to move forward even if we only had a few follicles. At this rate, I may not have any.
I was somewhat expecting a bad result, especially since my ovaries aren't bothering me.
But seeing my crappy E2 still hurt. A lot.
I spent a good two hours crying off and on. I just feel so hopeless right now. I feel as if there isn't anywhere to go from here. As far as IVF goes, we're benched for two years. And I don't know if that's even going to be something we pursue. I do know that even if we did IVF again, it wouldn't be at the same clinic. They're too small to cater to patients that are poor responders.
I don't understand my failure at IVF. On just the 50mg dose of Clomid I produced 3-5 follicles each cycle.
I think we'll try to do IUI in June. It may be taking a step backwards, but it gives us slightly better odds than trying on our own and we still have insurance money left to use. That's the frustrating part. If we stayed in our jobs here we would still have enough for almost two more tries at IVF. But that is most definitely not an option.
Stupid companies that don't cover infertility treatments.
We're just really sad and frustrated. We'll proceed with what's left of this cycle. I have an ultrasound and another E2 level on Thursday. Hoping for the best, but expecting the harsh reality.
Thanks everyone for the support. It always means so much to me, but more so during times like this.

7 comments:
OOH I hope the level goes up girl. Hang in there.
Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear this. :( I'll keep you in my thoughts--mentally poking those ovaries, telling them to WAKE UP!
If you responded well to Clomid, have you considered trying a Clomid+FSH IVF cycle? That protocol does exist, I have a "friend" on FF who did it. I can get details if you want.
I will be praying hard for a good bw us on thursday for you. xo I am so sorry this isnt going the way you wanted.
Oh I am so sorry to read this.
I'll echo what Marissa said, a combo cycle may be the way to go. Not much help for this cycle, I know. I really hope things do pick up for you this week.
Huh, that is really perplexing. Yes, a combo cycle does sound like it may be fruitful. Have you discussed that option with your doc? Sorry sweetie, sending you some love.
I'm so sorry, sending you lots of positive thoughts and good luck for Thursday. Hang in there.
Oh hun, I am sooooo sorry. I am sending tons of love and growth to those ovaries of yours!
Post a Comment