Friday was my baseline appointment.
Bob the ultrasound tech scared me a bit. He was doing the ultrasound and all of a sudden said he needed to switch to an exterior view. Of course panic settled in as I thought something might be horribly wrong. I asked if he found something that will delay my treatment. He said he was having a hard time getting a good visual of my right ovary.He said ovaries move around more than we think and that everything looked just fine.
I didn't ask what my antral follicle count was. Although I will admit I cheated a bit. I watched the ultrasound and counted about 7 of them on my left ovary if I was seeing things correctly. And since we didn't get a good visual on the right ovary I don't know what's happening on that side.
I asked Dr. RE how many follicles they would expect me to produce and the response was 6-20 with the added comment that even 3 would be good. Ummm...that's a rather strange answer?! The Dr. I saw today is not my main one and I really don't really like her.
Injections went well the last two nights. The first night it burned like crazy. My husband did that one. I did the second one myself and it wasn't as bad as the first. Maybe the problem is him and not the medicine! : )
It feels like something is already growing in there. I've had a little bit of discomfort on my left and a couple twinges on my right. Any changes in my ovaries and my body feels it as the ovaries rub up against my endo.
My lab draw was awesome on Friday. I was a bit worried since the last three times have been awful. I drank a bunch of water the night before and drank some more when I woke up the morning of. The tech got it on the first try. The girl in the next curtain wasn't having as good of a day. By the sounds of it they were on poke four and moving on to her hand next. Poor thing.
I am hoping my body is responding well to the drugs and Monday's lab will bring good news.
Grow little follicles, GROW!!

7 comments:
grow follies, grow!
So excited for you! will be praying for good growth!
I hope Monday goes well!! Good luck!
Injections are no fun... But I am proof the outcome can be amazing! :) Good luck! Keep us posted!! Sending lot's of follicle growing wishes!
I second your "Grow Follies Grow" comment! You are just ahead of me in the cycle. I have baseline appointment on Friday. Keep me posted what to expect next on my 1st IVF cycle.
Joey
http://thechildlessmom.blogspot.com
best of luck!!!
grow grow. it is weird to actually feel our follicles growing I agree. That stinks that your RE was not there. I complained slightly about my first doctor and I got a new one. So much better. Really..you should not have to be stressed out going through this process. I have also found that I can only inject the needle. I think it is a control thing. But whatever works in this kind of situation.
Post a Comment