You ladies always have the best advice.
I have three issues bugging me and wanted second opinions.
First issue. Should I do acupuncture or not?
I did a few sessions of acupuncture last cycle and I didn't feel any benefit from it. I didn't feel more relaxed and it obviously didn't help that cycle. But I feel guilty for not scheduling it for the day of transfer. I have found conflicting information. Yes, there are studies that say acupuncture on transfer day can increase the rate of implantation. Other information I found states the benefit isn't as much if you have to travel elsewhere to receive services. They say it has something to do with all the extra moving around going from one clinic to another, etc. I would have to go from the clinic to another clinic then back home after transfer. I'm so torn. Have you done acupuncture? What was the result of your cycle?
Second issue: I took this week off of work for IVF. No one at work knows I'm doing IVF. My follicles took their sweet time growing and so my transfer won't be until at least Monday when I'm supposed to be back for a four day stretch. Dr. RE says mandatory 48hr bedrest after transfer. I don't know if I should just call in Monday morning and say I'm out with a stomach bug for two days since a lot of that has been going around work, or if I should call my manager and tell her what's really going on. I work in a hospital so if your story is at all a little sketchy, people start asking questions. Add in the fact that in six years at my job and I can count on one hand the number of times I've ever called in sick. Yes, I know I've given my notice and will be done working there in six weeks, but still.
Third issue: My in-laws are staying with us Thursday night because they have an event to attend on Friday morning. My retrieval is supposed to be Friday. They have no idea we've even been trying and I most certainly don't want to clue them in at a time like this! Friday night they're staying with us again and want to go out to eat with me, Husband and my parents. What did you feel like after retrieval? Do I have to feign being sick or having an endo flare to get out of things? I'm also thinking my MIL will want to do some shopping on Saturday. Not good timing! What should I do??
Too many decisions. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!
My E2 was 1082! Woot woot! I'm hoping this means all six follicles have good eggs in them!

7 comments:
I think I would just tell work what is going on and ask that they keep it private. As far as the ER goes, I didn't want to move at all afterwards. I layed in bed sleeping most of the day but everyone is different. Good luck!!
Before I started my IVF I talked with my manager (I'm a RN in an ICU) and told her what was going on since there were days that I was most likely going to be late or unable to come. She actually told me that this was approved under FML so I applied for that and my call outs didn't count against me. It also was in her best intrest bc I since told her far enough in advance what day my retrieval/transfer was and what days I was going to miss- that they were able to cover my missed shifts...
I love my acupuncture sessions but even my lady said the most important ones are directly before and directly after.
Work: I am glad I was honest with my boss and she/and HR have been wonderful, but I know not all would be. You know your boss, if they will be supportive be honest, otherwise just say you are ill and don't feel bad about calling out.
The ER: OUCH!!! I was loopy for the rest of the day, in and out of sleep. I do know others that were fine, but most still needed the day to rest and recover.
Maybe fake a stomach bug that day too?
Sounds like some great numbers! yayayay!
oh my that is too much. After retrieval you will NOT be going anywhere. You will only want to crawl into bed with a heating pad.
Maybe tell everyone you are not feeling well and just take work off. I personally have told people at work and family what is going on, but if you feel it is important to you to not let anyone know..I can understand that. I tell you..since everyone knows, i feel so much pressure. If I would have to do it again, I would not tell anyone.
I had a mild case of OHSS, but I actually felt fairly decent after retrieval. I could have made it through a dinner. But I think that might be something you could wing--just claim awful cramps if you need to at the last minute.
As for work, I think it depends. The risk I see is that, having just taken time off, calling in "sick" would be very suspicious. You might want to tell your boss you're having a gyno procedure or something, just so they don't think you extended a vacation.
I've never done acupuncture. First IVF transfer =BFN, second=BFP (miscarriage at almost 8 weeks). I think being happy/calm is the best thing, so do whatever stresses you the least. :)
It is different for everyone. I was very cramoy after retrieval and layed low for 2 days. Dont overdo it!
You can tell your in laws your sick and stay home in your pjs. But call you manager and tell them whats really going on. I have found with work honesty is the best policy, and they have to be descreet if you ask them to. Ask for 2 additional days. You need the bedrest@!!!! You will be PUPO!!!
I have lots of advice :)
First of all tell your manager what is going on...and tell her to keep it to herself and tell everyone else you have the stomach bug.
I felt like ASS for 24 hours after retrieval, and actually laid low for about 3 days afterward...so don't plan on being able to go shopping. YOU NEED YOUR REST!
I didn't do acupuncture for the same reason as you - my clinic didn't have it. I don't think it's necessary. It's nice, but don't stress not doing it.
YAY for your e2! GREAT level for how many follies you have!
Post a Comment