Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pharmacy Idiots

I want to thank each of you that took the time to drop by and give me advice! I knew you would be so very helpful! Thank You!!

I've decided to wait and see how my Wednesday appointment goes and then I will call my acupuncturist and see if she would be able to work me in on transfer day. If not, I'm not going to stress about it.

As for work, if everything keeps moving forward as planned I think I might tell my manager. I have a hard time trusting people at work because of all the gossip. And my manager has told me things about employees she doesn't want me to tell anyone, so what does that say about her integrity?

As for the in-laws coming? Hoping they're out of our place Friday morning before the retrieval and then I'll play it by ear. I'm hoping I'm in pretty decent shape since it's not like I have a ton of follicles. Although, if they're digging around in there it could very well end up irritating the crap out of my endo.

Thanks again ladies!!

On to the pharmacy drama.

I am really starting to hate my pharmacy.

There's very few things I truly hate, so that's saying something.

We have yet to be able to pick up any meds related to my fertility treatments (or any other meds for that matter) when there isn't some sort of issue. Either they forget to fill part of it, or they don't have the drug in stock, or they tell us it will be in the next day and it takes a week. Not to mention whenever we pick up the large batches of drugs they can't seem to find them. They keep the larger orders on another shelf. This usually takes the tech at least 15 minutes to figure out, when  I can see it from where I'm standing. And yes, I preface it by saying it should be a large batch of meds.

At Monday's appointment it was decided I would stay on my current dosage for at least three more days. I called the pharmacy on my way home from my appointment. I spoke with an actual pharmacist and asked them to refill my prescription for 2 boxes of Bravelle and 1 box of Menopur. They punched it into the computer and said it would be ready for pick up later that day.

My Husband stopped by that evening to pick up my meds. They said he would have to pay in full because I wasn't due for a refill until the 14th and 17th for each of the drugs. Say what?!! The pharmacist said they could possibly do an override, but it would have to wait for morning. I still had enough left for that night, so my Husband left.

The pharmacist called this morning and said they couldn't fill it because I wasn't due for a refill. I told them to figure things out because I was out of drugs and needed some for tonight. Their current information said I was only on one vial of each. What?? I have never been on that low of a dose. I told them I was currently taking four vials of each every night and have been since last Monday. They said they would contact the clinic and get the prescription changed and then fill my order.

My Husband stopped by this afternoon to pick up the meds and they gave him FOUR boxes of each!! For whatever reason he didn't think to question things when he knew he was supposed to pick up a total of THREE boxes not EIGHT! I told him to go back to the pharmacy and have them fix things.

Cue bashing my head against a wall.......

I should have gone to the pharmacy myself, but my Husband works at the hospital where the pharmacy is located so we thought we were being efficient and saving time.......

I know in the grand scheme of things, this probably isn't that big of a deal, however I'm getting hormonal on these high doses of meds and everything is starting to irritate me. A lot.

Do not mess with a woman high on hormones.

You. Will. Not. Win!


 

5 comments:

Bridget said...

Jerks!!!

clewis said...

So right, no messing with us at the moment! hormones shooting through the roof!

Joey said...

Sounds like my ordeal trying to get drugs. You'd think at this point that something would be easy. I think this process owes us all at least that much!

Joey
http://thechildlessmom.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow. It sounds like you are jumping through hoops to get your meds. It also sounds like the pharmacy staff are a bunch of idiots. I never had that much trouble getting my IVF meds.

Oh and I wanted to say maybe if your acupuncturist can't get you in, maybe you could try a massage. Our RE bought us a 30min massage the morning of our transfer.

Best of luck.

Anonymous said...

When you are going through any of this, its ALL a big deal!!! Uggg, its all so hard. I am glad you got the drugs, even if it is/was a pain in the butt!